I arrived today to find a very active Amon. Tucked in the bottom of his little u-shaped sleeping pad, he wiggled, twitched and then did a horizontal thrust. His little quadriceps straining, his upper body shot forward. Fully extended, he continued to twist and turn seeking a more pleasant and restful position.
He seems more like the newborns I am accustomed to seeing. His thorax and abdomen are fuller and so are his cheeks. Day notes that you can't see his ribs anymore. His little arms are still pretty slender, as are his legs, but overall he just doesn't scream fragile anymore. I recognize that the label will stick for a while but, at least, I feel less scared.
Amon (or Amin as my iPhone autocorrect insists on calling him) has gained weight today, 22 grams. He is now almost 3 pounds and 10 ounces on the button. Only six more pounds until grandma can enjoy potato chips and sweets again!
He is such a changed little man. Fattening up on the love and care of his amazing mom and dad. I won't be afraid to hold him at all now... well maybe in a few more pounds.
ReplyDelete