![]() |
| Day and I with Amon in the tiny NICU at Cheshire Hall Medical Centre, Turks and Caicos. |
Cut to 2592 hours later...
We have finally arrived in Toronto for a visit. Day peeks her head out of her new apartment door -sneaky smile on her face. "Hello Auntie Dawn and Uncle Matt". In her arms she is holding an almost 9 pound version of the baby I met so many many hours ago and once again my heart swells and I am weeping. Is it possible that he is the same little man? A real baby now.



When I finally get the nerve up to hold him I know I am his for life.

"You've pushed everyone else out babes. There is only room for you in my heart." I whisper to him conspiratorially. But the truth is Amon Soleil has taught my heart how to grow and make room for whatever is needed and so I love bigger and better now that he is in the world and I am grateful for the blessing.


awww!! love this post : ) xo xo
ReplyDeleteBest post EVER! You are glowing. Kiss him for me. xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete