We just felt an earthquake (I love American news media check this link too)!
Mommy covered Amon's head and ran under a doorway before succumbing weak-kneed to thoughts of the futility of this manoeuvre... we now live on the 18th floor!
When my heart stopped pounding, I went to the internet to confirm I wasn't crazy and then read about earthquake safety. This must be Amon Soleil's first... sheesh... he's already had so many adventures! Thankfully he slept through the uncanny swaying of our high rise building...
BTW... doorways are not the best place to go as I read... under Michael's desk would have been better. Having a child changes everything. I've been through a few earthquakes before, but I was never inspired to figure out a real plan... because of Amon, we're getting a plan...
Jeesh. Glad all is okay. Good to have a plan indeed. Matt and I have stored water and a tupperware box filled with supplies just in case. Hopefully none of us will ever have to use it. xo
ReplyDelete