Monday, July 4, 2011

Due Date

July 4

Today is the day Amon was supposed to be born.
This is also his Grampa Brian's birthday.
It's a day to reflect on how the unexpected reigns.
It's the last day I can look at pregnant women and think in astonishment, "That could still be me!"

Today Amon is new born, officially, after 10 weeks on this earth. He is a fighter, he's brave, he's funny, and he's beautiful.

It's been scary. It's been stressful, but Amon's arrival in the world is the biggest blessing of our lives. You've brought us so much love, so many smiles, and gathered our friends and family together in support and joy.  Amon Soleil, we love you so much! Thank you for choosing us…

*Coincidentally, July 4 is also Bill Withers' birthday. I intended to post his song "Lovely Day" today, and when I saw it was his birthday, I knew it had to be!

Lovely Day
When I wake up in the mornin', love
And the sunlight hurts my eyes
And somethin' without warnin', love
Bears heavy on my mind

Then I look at you
And the world's alright with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be

A lovely day

A lovely day

When the day that lies ahead of me
Seems impossible to face
When someone else instead of me
Always seems to know the way

Then I look at you
And the world's alright with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be

A lovely day

When the day that lies ahead of me
Seems impossible to face
And when someone else instead of me
Always seems to know the way

Then I look at you
And the world's alright with me
Just one look at you
And I know it's gonna be

A lovely day

4 comments:

  1. We love you so much from over here!! We are so happy you have arrived!! xoxox

    http://www.historyorb.com/birthdays/july/4
    http://www.historyorb.com/birthdays/April/24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie D! We need photos of unca and autie with baby from down south! Can we arrange an exchange? Love M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Can you send the pic of my meeting/peering in MIA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given all of the above, it strikes me as a fine day to complete the long awaited and much anticipated details of "Amon's Birth Story".

    Much love and many hugs!

    ReplyDelete